At youth level, there is an opportunity for players to play in more competitive team environment. These teams play games on a Sunday and will play in an Auckland wide league known as Metro or Conference.
For the 2021 Season we will look to enter the following teams:
- 13th Metro & 13th Conference
- 14th Metro & 14th Conference
- 15th Metro
- 17th Metro
Whilst all effort to accommodate all players wishing to play at this level will be made, there is a limit to the number of teams the Club will support, and a limit to the number of players in each team.
In order to be considered for a development squad the player must understand the following:
- Attendance at training 2 x per week (subject to cancellation) is recommended unless prior agreement with coach or illness/injury.
- Availability during the season to attend both training, Sunday games including weekends of the school holidays
- Selection of the players for the teams during the season will be based on their commitment, attitude and performance.
- There are additional fees charged to support the cost of this additional coaching and tournament entry where applicable, in addition to the basic registration fee. A development fee will be invoiced once the development teams are confirmed. Payment will need to be made prior to the start of the season.
In providing the development option the Club is seeking to accommodate those players who are committed to attend training at least twice a week and want a higher level of competition. If during the season, players are found to be incorrectly grouped, the Club will seek to address this where ever possible.
Just as important are those players that wish to enjoy their football but have other commitments and passions alongside. Participation football will put less emphasis on training and will allow for a fun environment to enjoy some inter-club competition most likely with their mates. Participation teams will be constructed based on assessed player ability, player preferences and could be school based where numbers permit.
If your child does wish to play in a participation team please ensure you state your childs friends on the registartion form. The club will do it’s best to accommodate everyone’s request but this cannot be guaranteed due to player number constraints.