9th & 10th Grade - Players will be identified for the 2 development teams through the player identification sessions. 2 even development teams will be formed at both 9th & 10th Grade.
11th & 12th Grade - Players will be identified for the 2 development teams through the player identification sessions. 1 x "A" Development and 1 x "B" Development squad will be formed at each grade.
Whilst all effort to accommodate all players wishing to play at this level will be made, there is a limit to the number of teams the Club will support, and a limit to the number of players in each team.
In order to be considered for a development squad the player must understand the following:
- Attendance at training 2 x per week (subject to cancellation) is recommended unless prior agreement with coach or illness/injury.
- Availability during the season to attend both training, Saturday games including weekends of the school holidays and Sunday tournaments is required.
- Selection of the players for either team during the season will be based on their commitment, attitude and performance.
- 1 x training session per week will be a team training session.
- The other training session will form part of the NSU Skills Centre Programme. Both development teams will be combined together within these sessions, plus any other players who have signed up for the additional coaching option.
- There are additional fees charged to support the cost of this additional coaching and tournament entry where applicable, in addition to the basic registration fee. A development fee will be invoiced once the development teams are confirmed. Payment will need to be made prior to the start of the season.
In providing the development option the Club is seeking to accommodate those players who are committed to attend training at least twice a week and want a higher level of competition. If during the season, players are found to be incorrectly grouped, the Club will seek to address this where ever possible.
Just as important are those players that wish to enjoy their football but have other commitments and passions alongside. Participation football will put less emphasis on training and will allow for a fun environment to enjoy some inter-club competition most likely with their mates. Participation teams will be constructed based on assessed player ability, player preferences and could be school based where numbers permit.
If your child does wish to play in a participation team please ensure you state your childs friends on the registartion form. The club will do it’s best to accommodate everyone’s request but this cannot be guaranteed due to player number constraints.
New Zealand Football Alignment
This season will see the introduction of the NZF Skill Centres (SKC) (when/if approved). This is an initiative set up by New Zealand Football, where qualified coaches will work from NZF SKC curriculum. For each of the development teams, the Skill Centre Session will be the 2nd structured training (which is included in the coaching fee). They will be led by a team of Junior Level 3 qualified coaches. Players who aren’t in a development team are also welcome to sign up for these sessions separately (extra coaching fee will apply). Please click here - Additional Coaching